（2014 秋）高一外研（第 18 期） 必修 2 Modules 4-6 单元测试题 I 语言知识及应用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节完形填空（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 1-15 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳 选项。 People may think a talking horse is just imaginative. But new research suggests that horse communication is __l__. According to a study that was published on August 4, horses communicate by their heads, __2__and eye gaze (凝视). Most studies in animals, however, thought they __3__ like humans through body language and gaze. Researchers also thought that animals with eyes on the __4__ of their heads, such as horses, didn't use gaze to communicate. But horses are__5__ animals that always need to communicate with reach other. To understand how horses communicate, Wathan and her colleagues took __6__ of horses when they were paying attention to something. In some of the photos, the horses were given masks that __7__ their eyes or ears. Other photos allowed the horses' eyes and ears to be seen. Next, the team placed the photos that__8__ the horses were "looking" at one of two buckets of food, and then brought in__9__ horses. When the photographed horse's entire face was visible, the horse that was brought in __10__ went straight to the food bucket which the horse in the photo was looking at. The horses seemed to use head to __11__their directions. But if the horse in the photo had masked __12__ or ears, the real horses went to either bucket the same number of times. It shows the animals couldn't__13__ much information in this way. The findings suggest that horses use their eyes and ears to comm. unicate.__14__, the new research shows that even animals with eyes on the sides of their heads can communicate__15__gaze. 1. A. right C. frequent 2. A. languages C. hands 3. A. walk C. communicate B. real D. normal B. ears D. gestures B. express D. play
4. A. centers C. bottoms 5. A. social C. naughty 6. A. notes C. care 7. A. decorated C. covered 8. A. published C. described 9. A. alive C. dying 10. A. usually C. finally 11. A. tell C. see 12. A. head C. mouth 13. A. borrow C. get 14. A. Additionally C. Luckily 15. A. observing C. breaking
B. sides D. tops B. talkative D. practical B. advantage D. photos B. improved D. hurt B. printed D. showed B. live D. dead B. hardly D. probably B. guide D. hear B. legs D. eyes B. describe D. spread B. Expectedly D. Entirely B. protecting D. using
第二节语法填空（共 10 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的 词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空。 When my parents asked me what I wanted for my ninth birthday, I __16__ (quick) replied, "A new bicycle." I knew they would not buy it for me, because I had a hand-me-down __17__ was passed from my elder brothers.
However, to my surprise and delight, my parents bought me __ 18__ new three-speed bicycle. It was a dark gray bicycle for girls. As far as I could remember, __19__I nor any of my brothers had ever received a new bicycle before. They all got their clothes, toys and bicycles__20__ friends and neighbors. Therefore, this bicycle was the__ 21__ (valuable) gift I had ever received and I could not wait to ride it. __22__ I was riding my new bicycle in the street, the neighborhood kids started coming out of their houses to see my new bicycle. Some asked if they could have a try.__ 23__ (teach) to share at an early age, I told everyone to line up. One by one, they__24__ (ride) my bicycle excitedly. When I came back home, I was praised for __25 __ I had done. Now I still treasure the present I got on my ninth birthday. II 阅读（共两节，满分 50 分） 第一节 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项。 A 500 young African leaders are taking part in a US government program at American universities this summer. They would study Civic Leadership, Public Management and Business. Fauzia Abdikadir of Kenya is among the young people. Ms. Abdikadir spoke about her goals and the goals of her group in Kenya - the Northern Organization for Social Empowerment. She says she wants to improve health care and development in the northeastern part of the country. People of northeastern Kenya have depended for centuries on their animals. Families move from one place to another in search of water and places to feed the animals. This traditional life — always on the move - limits education and health care. Most people walk more than 10 kilometers to reach schools, or a health center. "We are being taught how to change the societies with what we have. They say what we have is the energy, the enthusiasm and the brains .of coming up with new ideas in order to save the society from poverty, illiteracy (文盲), violence and so many social problems," said Abdikadir. Ms. Abdikadir wants to make agriculture another way of life in her community, She believes settling permanently and planting crops would provide a better future for young people because they have very fertile land and very good opportunities to practice agriculture. The other thing is
to empower the youth. In the United States, Ms. Abdikadir and the other young people receive six weeks of training. They will also work for two months in the civil leadership field. The program seeks to guide Africa's educators, business people and activists of the future. The Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is part of President Obama's Young African Leaders Initiative. Those who attend the training are between ages 25 and 35. They will receive money to support their plans and organizations after they complete the program. 26. What do Ms. Abdikadir and her group want to do? A. Make health care and the society better in the country. B. Develop agriculture in the northeastern part of Africa. C. Give young people more knowledge and chances. D. Help animal owners settle in one place. 27. The development in Kenya is affected mainly because people ______. A. are always on the move to find resources to feed animals B. have no opportunity for schools or health care centers C. can't find out ways to solve social problems D. are not taught on how to change the society 28. What does the underlined word "fertile" in Paragraph 4 mean? A. Rich. C. Limited. B. Large. D. Much.
29. What does the last paragraph mainly tell us? A. The importance of the program. B. The members of the program. C. Some information about this program. D. Some information about Young African Leaders Initiative. 30. According to the passage, we can learn that ________. A. Ms. Abdikadir is one of the founders of the program in the US B. agriculture is one of the subjects the African leaders learn in the program C. the northeastern part of Africa is in good condition to develop agriculture D. the young African leaders will be rewarded with money after completing the program
B Beauty is only a short-time surface quality, and some beauty products can cause lasting damage that goes far below the surface of the skin. But people, especially women, will risk a lot for beauty. In some African countries, some women take health risks, trying to use products that lighten the skin. The World Health Organization, says that 25 percent of African women nearly use skin-lightening products every morning and evening. These products can contain some harmful chemicals which can cause cancer and possibly other physical damage to the skin. They can actually bum the eyes and skin. An average beauty supply shop in Dakar has many kinds of skin-lightening creams and soaps. Shop worker Adama advises her visitors to avoid the strong products that promise fast results. She uses a cream that is made not from chemicals but from carrots. She says that it is a personal choice and that no one pressures her. Women in Senegal lighten their skin for the same reason as women all over the world make changes to their appearance. They want to look beautiful, to find a husband, or to stand out in a crowd. But some products are so strong that they must be mixed with others before they are used. One such soap is called "Day Before the Wedding". This thinking troubles Senegalese filmmaker Khardiata Pouye Sall So, she made a film This Color That Bothers Me about the subject of skin lightening. Ms Sall used the most frightening photos and she hoped that women would see the dangers. It was hard for her to understand why a woman would tell herself that dark skin is not beautiful. It is in their heads. Maybe they want to please others. She thinks the government needs to better control the marketing and sale of skin lighteners. But she adds education is the best way to persuade people against using them. 31. What do we know about the chemicals in some beauty products? A. They come from carrots. B. All of them can cause cancer. C. They can lighten women's skin very quickly. D. They may cause some serious damage to women.
32. How often do some African women use skin-lightening products? A. Once every week. C. Twice every day. B. Once every month. D. Twice a year.
33. According to Paragraph 3, Adama is inferred to _______. A. be mean to others B. have very good skin C. care about her customers D. look really beautiful 34. For what do women in Senegal lighten their skin? a. To look beautiful. b. To have a chance for work. c. To run for stars. d. To find a husband. e. To stand out in a crowd. A. abcd C. acd B. bcde D. ade _______.
35. According to Ms Sall, to stop people from using skin lighteners, A. producing skin lighteners should be banned B. they should be educated on the dangers of using them C. the most frightening photos should be shown to people
D. they should be told people with dark skin can also have a good future C Jianzhi (剪纸) is a traditional style of paper cutting in China. It has been widely practiced in China since at least the 6th century A.D. Paper cutting remains popular in today's China, especially during special events like the Chinese New Year or weddings. However, paper cutting isn't just popular in China. It is practiced in some other countries, too. Several Philippine crafts (手艺) use paper cutting. During Filipino Christmas, the parol (a traditional star-shaped lantern) is decorated with coloured paper. The coloured paper is cut into various forms such as floral designs on the faces, pom-pons and "tails" on the points of the star. There is also the art of wrapper, where coloured paper is cut with small scissors and used to wrap
(色裹) traditional sweets. Sanjhi is the Indian art of paper cutting. The paper cutting is usually placed on the floor and colors are filled in to make Rangoli. Rangoli is a folk art from India in which pattems are created on the floor in living rooms or courtyards using materials such as coloured rice, dry flour, coloured sand or flower petals. Paper cutting has been a common Jewish art form since the Middle Ages. It is connected with various customs and ceremonies. It links with holidays and family life. Paper-cuts often decorate marriage contracts, and are used for decorations on festive occasions. By about the 17th century, Jewish paper cutting had become a popular form for small artifacts. In the 20th century, the art of Jewish paper cutting was revived in Israel. Papel picado is the Mexican art of paper cutting. Tissue paper is cut into beautiful designs with scissors or small, sharp chisels; this technique is frequently used to produce decorative banners. Christmas is the time when flowers of paper cutting, fringed candy holders called crackers, and Ljuskrona which are covered with paper cutting are found in Swedish and Swedish-American homes. 36. From Paragraph l we can know that paper cutting ______. A. has a really long history in China B. was invented in the 6th century A.D. C. has recently gained popularity in China D. was introduced to China by foreign people 37. During Christmas time, people in the Philippines______. A. cut coloured paper and use it to wrap a traditional lantern B. put coloured paper that is cut into various forms on the floor C. decorate a traditional star-shaped lantern with coloured paper D. place traditional sweets wrapped with coloured paper on the points of lanterns 38. From the passage, we can learn that Rangoli is ______. A. usually placed on the bed B. usually in white and black C. the Indian art of paper cutting D. often used to decorate the floor
39. Small artifacts had widely taken in the form of Jewish paper cutting since about ______. A. the Middle Ages C. the 1700s 40. What is the passage mainly about? A. Paper cutting in China. B. Different types of paper cutting. C. The development of paper cutting. D. Paper cutting in different countries. D Machu Picchu is so well-known and so certain to fill travelers with high expectation. No other South American place of interest comes close when it comes to the visitor number and broad attraction. Only Sacsayhuamon in Cuzco, which is usually part of a Machu Picchu tour route, is comparable for size and the architectural style. Just with a bit of careful planning and the right approach, you will find the site as attractive as any on the planet. The charm of Machu Picchu, which means the "old mountain" in the local language , is obvious. It is a 550-year-old castle. It is high: 7,973 feet above sea level. It is large: the ruins are the size of a village, and combined with nearby forests and wild parks, which as described by UNESCO, cover more than 116 square miles. It is also mysterious: we know it is partly used for people to live in and partly used for religious activities, but we are still guessing about its academic importance to the ancient people. Machu Picchu is set in subtropical forests, providing a protected habitat for several endangered species, such as spectacled bears (眼镜熊) and cat-like pumas (美洲狮). If lucky, you will enjoy American camels wandering in the mountain and you will have a memorabie5trip that can last 14 days. You just have to work out how to catch that quiet moment and find the right time for a tourist-free photograph. Machu Picchu is busiest in July and August, the peak tourist season and also the not-quite-so-wet season. It is never totally dry in the Andean foothills and you'll probably get showers and thin fog surrounding the peaks at some stage of your visit during this period. November to April is the rainy season, with January and February the wettest months, so the actual months of November and April are ideal if you want to avoid the heaviest crowds and B. the 1600s D. the 1900s
heaviest rains. 41. What can we learn from the first paragraph? A. Machu Picchu is a natural landscape. B. Machu Picchu is the best-known site in America. C. People often enjoy Sacsayhuamon when they visit Machu Picchu. D. Sacsayhuamon can match Machu Picchu in the visitor number and broad attraction. 42. Which of the following is NOT the feature of Machu Picchu? A. It has a history of 550 years. B. Its height is 7, 973 feet above sea level. C. It is partly for living and partly for religion. D. Its ruins cover more than 116 square miles. 43. Machu Picchu is still mysterious for people today because ______. A. ancient people used it for living B. ancient people used it for religious activities C. people might use it for other purposes D. people there still speak their ancient language 44. Which of the following is TRUE according to Paragraph 3? A. Machu Picchu is a tourist attraction in tropical forests. B. Camels are one of the endangered species in Machu Picchu. C. You can find cat-like pumas when you travel in Machu Picchu. D. It is not permitted to take photographs in Machu Picchu. 45. What is the main purpose of the passage? A. To warn people not to get lost in subtropical forests. B. To make a comparison between Machu Picchu and Sacsayhuamon. C. To introduce the hidden beauty of Machu Picchu for possible tourists. D. To call on people to protect several endangered species in Machu Picchu. 第二节信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 请阅读下列应用文及相关信息，并按照要求匹配信息。 首先，阅读下面加拿大旅游推介项目的图片及说明：
Take your time and really explore Western Canada. Stay at the most comfortable Bed & Breakfast accommodations. Don't forget to enjoy the scenery along the way! From￡2999
This independent self-drive holiday provides the chance to explore one of Ontario's most beautiful places when you are free. Take a hike into lots of mountain trails and walk along the coasts. From￡668
This fantastic Canadian Multi-Centre trip consists of 3 nights stay in Toronto, a free day trip to Niagara Falls, including a boat trip or a journey behind the Falls.￡1299
This Canadian Multi-centre holiday takes you to the best place where Canada has to offer. You fly directly to Vancouver, where you spend 3 nights in a 4-star hotel.￡2499
This 10-night Canada holiday includes the wonderful city of Toronto, Vancouver and Vancouver Island, where you'll experience whale watching if you travel between April and October.￡1599
You will experience the exciting and rich cultures in Toronto before visiting the world famous Niagara Falls. If you are interested in some traditional things, this is the best choice. From￡1459
以下为五则旅游小记，请将其与相关的图片及说明匹配起来。 46. It's really a wonderful trip! I spent ten nights and ten days travelling around quite many cities
in Canada, such as Toronto, Vancouver and so on. Of course, what I enjoyed most was the night life in these cities. During the trip we also went whale watching. Amazing! 47. Some of my best friends and I took a road trip in the western part of Canada last month. It was really cool to see so many nice places which are still not open to travelers. It didn't cost us too much in our food and accommodation because we stayed in B& B most of the time. 48. We travelled to many Canadian cities, such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and so on. We stayed in Toronto for three nights, so we know this city much better than the rest we past through. It was also exciting to see the Niagara Falls. This trip only cost us 1299 pounds. A worthy price! 49. Last month two of my best friends and I drove to Ontario. The whole day, we would stop from time to time to enjoy the beautiful scenery on both sides-of the road. Sometimes we would get out of our car and take a walk along the mountain tails to enjoy the fresh air and peaceful environment. 50. First, we flew to Vancouver in just three hours. Because we are older, it was really convenient to travel such a long distance without feeling too tired. Besides, we also travelled along the Rockies by train and enjoyed the breathtaking view. . III 写作 (共两节 满分 40 分) 第一节基础写作（共 1 小题；满分 15 分） 你接受了一项写作任务，要为当地英语晚报写一篇短文。 [写作内容] 请根据以下信息写一篇英文短文，内容包括： 主题：中国剪纸( Paper Cutting) 起源：可以追溯到 6 世纪，已有 1，500 多年的历史 用途：最初多用于宗教仪式，现在多用于装饰 现状：2006 年被列入第一批国家非物质文化遗产名单；2009 年 10 月被列入世界非物质 文化遗产 代表人物： 库淑兰(Ku Shulan)， 被联合国科教文组织(UNESCO)授予“杰出中国民间艺术大师” 称号。 特点：风格独特，流行国内外。
* 中国民间艺术大师 Chinese Folk Art Master * 非物质文化遗产 non-material cultural heritage [写作要求] 只能使用五个句子表达全部内容。 [评分标准] 句子结构准确，信息内容完整，篇章结构连贯。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ 第二节读写任务（共 l 小题；满分 25 分） 阅读下面的短文，然后按照要求写一篇 150 词左右的英语短文。 For years my mom and I had a difficult relationship. We fought a lot, arguing about small things. Sometimes we didn't talk to each other for days. In my memory, she was always blaming me. I grew up thinking she didn't love me very much. I have moved away since I left for college. Four years ago at Christmas I received a scrapbook my mom had put together for me, on which she set down all meaningful moments in my life. Each picture was attached description. Under one of my dance class photos, she wrote. “What beautiful dancers - but you were the most beautiful.’’ I sobbed like a baby when I read it. I realized that this was her way of love. It was as if years of hurt were healed immediately. Now we have a great relationship; we call and visit each other so much more than before. That book really is a gift of love. [写作内容] 1．以约 30 个词概括上文的主要内容。 2．以约 120 个词就“母爱无疆”谈谈你的看法。内容包括： (1)你读后对母爱的理解与认识； (2)列举自己或他人事例来说明认识； (3)感恩母亲享受母爱你的建议。 [写作要求]
1．你可以参照阅读材料的内容但不得直接引用原文中的句子。 2．作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 [评分标准】 概括准确，语言规范，内容合适，篇章连贯。 _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ 听说训练 18 PART A: Reading Aloud 模仿朗读(满分 20 分) In this part, you are required to watch a video clip, and read after the speaker in the video. This was once India's great wilderness. The river Ganges ends in the world's largest delta, and originates in the highest mountain range. But between these extremes, she cuts a l,500-mile course through the heart of northern India. This vast expanse of lowland is known as the Gangetic Plains. The river first meets the plains as she leaves the foothills of Himalaya. PART B: Role Play 扮演(满分 16 分 ) In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete three communicative tasks: listen to the conversation, ask three questions and then answer five questions. 角色：你是文中的女子。 任务：(1)向文中的男子提问； (2)根据对话内容回答问题。 1. Please get ready to ask three questions according to the following Chinese tips. 问题 1：现在请准备提出第一个问题。 （中文提示：那位女士道歉了吗？） Q: _________________________________________________________________ 问题 2：现在请准备提出第二个问题。 （中文提示：你会告诉你儿子人和人是不一样的吗？） Q: ____________________________________________________________________________ 问题 3：现在请准备提出第三个问题。 （中文提示：你儿子有一些黑人朋友吗？） Q: ____________________________________________________________________ 2. Please get ready to answer five questions in English.
问题 1：现在请准备回答第一个问题。 A: ________________________________________________ 问题 2：现在请准备回答第二个问题。 A: ________________________________________________ 问题 3：现在请准备回答第三个问题。 A: ________________________________________________ 问题 4：现在请准备回答第四个问题。 A: ________________________________________________ 问题 5：现在请准备回答第五个问题。 A: ________________________________________________ PART C：Retelling 故事复述（满分 24 分） In this part, you are required to listen to a monologue, and then retell it based on what you have heard. 故事梗概：一位父亲让生意失败的儿子意识到即使失败了，他的价值也没受到影响，以此来 鼓励自己的儿子并最终让他获得了成功。 关键词：saving(积蓄) fail(失败) bill(钞票) value (尊重，重视) succeed(成功) _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
学生双语报 2014-2015 学年度上学期高一英语听说训练· 广东专版
第 18 期
PART A: Reading Aloud In this part, you are required to watch a video clip, and read after the speaker in the video. This was once India’s great wilderness. The river Ganges ends in the world’s largest delta, and originates in the highest mountain range. But between these extremes, she cuts a 1,500-mile course through the heart of northern India. This vast expanse of lowland is known as the
Gangetic Plains. The river first meets the plains as she leaves the foothills of Himalaya. 4 秒到 9 秒删掉 32 秒到 37 秒删掉 PART B: Role Play 角色扮演（满分 16 分） In this part, you are required to act as a role and complete three communicative tasks: listen to the conversation, ask three questions and then answer five questions. 角色：你是文中的女子。 任务： （1）向文中的男子提问； （2）根据对话内容回答问题。 1. Please get ready to ask three questions according to the following Chinese tips. 问题 1：现在请准备提出第一个问题。 （中文提示：那位女人道歉了吗？） Q: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 2：现在请准备提出第二个问题。(中文提示：你会告诉你儿子人们是不一样的吗？) Q: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 3：现在请准备提出第三个问题。(中文提示：你儿子有一些黑人朋友吗？) Q: ___________________________________________________________ 2. Please get ready to answer five questions in English. 问题 1：现在请准备回答第一个问题。 A: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 2：现在请准备回答第二个问题。 A: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 3：现在请准备回答第三个问题。 A: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 4：现在请准备回答第四个问题。 A: ___________________________________________________________ 问题 5：现在请准备回答第五个问题。 A: ___________________________________________________________ PART C: Retelling 故事复述（满分 24 分） In this part, you are required to listen to a monologue, and then retell it based on what you have heard.
故事梗概：一位父亲让生意失败的儿子意识到即使失败了，他的价值也没受到影响，以此来 鼓励自己的儿子并最终让他获得了成功。 关键词：saving（积蓄）fail（失败）bill（钞票）value（尊重，重视）succeed（成功）
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
学生双语报 2014-2015 学年度上学期高一英语听说训练· 广东专版 第 18 期原文及参考答案
听说训练 18 原文及参考答案 PART A: This was once India’s great wilderness. The river Ganges ends in the world’s largest delta, / and 重读 重读
originates in the↗highest mountain range↘. But↗between these extremes, she cuts a 1,500-mile course through the heart of northern India↘. This vast expanse of lowland↘ / is known as the 重读 Gangetic Plains↘. The river first meets the plains / as she leaves the foothills of the Himalaya↘. PART B: Role Play 角色扮演 录像原文： M: I’m sorry for what happened today. W: You should be. It’s not the first time that your son has said that to me. I’m black, but I’m not ugly. I really don’t know why he called me “ugly” this afternoon. Do you think I’m ugly? M: Surely you’re not. I guess it has something to do with what he experienced two years ago. W: What happened two years ago? M: A black woman knocked him down when he was walking on the street. He fell onto the ground and hurt his hands. W: I’m so sorry to hear that.
1. Please get ready to ask three questions according to the following Chinese tips. Q1: Did the woman apologize? (W) A1: No, she didn’t. She walked away in a hurry, though my son was crying on the ground. I guess that black woman has left a very bad impression on him and he started hating black women.(M) Q2: Will you tell your son that people are different? (W) A2: Surely I will. I’ll tell him that not everyone is as rude as that black woman. I’ll also tell him that there are many black women in America and most of them are very nice. (M) Q3: Does your son have any black friends? (W) A3: I don’t think so. He often plays with little white kids. He also spends time with two Chinese kids. But I’ve never seen him play with a black kid before. I’ll encourage him to make friends with some black kids. (M) 2. Please get ready to answer five questions in English. Q1: What made the woman angry this afternoon? A1: That the man’s son called her “ugly”. Q2: What happened to the man’s son two years ago? A2: He was knocked down by a black woman. Q3: What did that black woman do after the man’s son fell onto the ground? A3: She walked away in a hurry. Q4: What will the man tell his son about the black women? A4: He’ll tell him that most of them are very nice. Q5: What will the man encourage his son to do? A5: To make friends with some black kids. PART C: Retelling 故事复述 录音内容： David wanted to start his own company. In order to support him, his parents gave him all the savings they had. However, things didn’t go well. He had to close his company one day. He felt very sad and thought he let his parents down. After returning home, he went to his room. His mother was worried, but she could do nothing. His father decided to teach his son a good lesson.
He went to his son’s room and sat beside him. He took out a $100 bill and said, “son, this is a new $100 bill. Everyone wants it, right?” His son nodded. Then the father dropped it on the ground and started to step on it. It became dirty. When he picked it up, he asked, “Will people still want it?” The son nodded again. The father then said, “My son. You’re just like this $100 bill. One failure doesn’t mean you’re no longer valued. You’re still the son that we love. Cheer up. We’re always here for you.” With the father’s encouragement, the son decided to try again. Years later he succeeded. He was grateful for his great parents. Summary: David’s parents gave all their savings to him in order to support his business. But David failed. He felt very sad. His father went to his room. He took out a $100 bill and said that everyone would want it. David agreed. Then the father dropped it on the ground and stepped on it. The son agreed people would still want it. Through doing that, the father made the son realize that one failure didn’t mean he was no longer valued, and that he was still the son they loved. The son was encouraged. He tried again and finally succeeded. 2014－2015 学年高一 W 版· 广东专版第 18 期测试题参考答案及部分解析 第 18 期测试题参考答案 1-5 BBCBA 11-15 BDCAD 16-25 (One possible version) 16. quickly When 17. which 18. a 24. rode 31-35 DCCDB 41-45 CDCCC 19. neither 20. from 25. what 21. most valuable 22. 6-10 DCDBA
23. Being taught
26-30 AAACC 36-40 ACDBD 46-50 EACBD
基础写作 (One possible version) Paper Cutting, as an ancient Chinese traditional folk art, can date back to the sixth century，and has a history of over 1,500 years. The Chinese paper-cutting works, beginning with religious ceremonies, are now mainly used in decorations. In 2006, paper cutting was listed in the first national non-material cultural heritage and three years later in October it has been selected into the world non-material cultural heritage. Among the most famous paper-cutting masters is Ku
Shulan, who is awarded Outstanding Chinese Folk Art Master by UNESCO. Undoubtedly, with its unique style, Chinese paper-cutting has become popular at home and abroad. 读写任务 (One possible version) The author hadn’t thought Mother loved her, but at college, she didn’t come to realize her mother’s love until she got the scrapbook, a gift of love. It seems to me that we have endless love from our mother, who is selfless and great. And such love is also the safest love. Whether we are happy or depressed, rich or poor, mother’s love will always stay with us, I think. One day, two children were drawn into the flood. At this moment, their mother, forgetting that she couldn’t swim at all, bravely jumped into the water. In fact, she had no time to think about herself and just tried all means to save her children. Finally her children were saved. How selfless and great it is! So we should thank our mothers with our practical work at lessons, and often have a heart-to-heart talk with them. Besides in every family reunion, we should enjoy our mother’s love. 听力练习 18 1-5 BACBB 11-15 ABABC 16-20 (One possible version) 16. holiday 18. sunny and hot 17. enjoyable 19. Outdoor activities 20. wild 6-10 AABAB
第 18 期测试题部分答案解析
完形填空 本文是一篇说明文。 通过 Wathan 和同事所做的实验验证马是通过眼睛和耳朵跟同类交 流的。 1. B。研究发现马会交流是“真的”。 2. B。根据下文可知，马是通过头、“耳朵”和眼睛交流的。 3. C。根据 through body language and gaze 可知，这里是指“交流”。 4. B。根据 such as horses 可知，这里是指眼睛长在头“两边”的动物。
5. A。根据 animals that always need to communicate with each other 可知，马是“群居”动物。 6. D。根据下文的 In some of the photos 可知，这里是指在“相片”。 7. C。根据 Other photos allowed the horses’ eyes and ears to be seen.可知，在一些相片中，马 的眼睛和耳朵被“遮盖”起来。 8. D。这个实验小组把“显示”马在看着其中一桶食物的照片放好。 9. B。根据下文可知，研究人员是把“活的”马带进来。 10. A。根据下文可知，马是通过眼睛跟耳朵交流的，它看到图片中的马的眼睛看那个桶， 那匹真马“通常”会径直向那个桶的位置走去。 11. B。根据上下文可知，马是靠头部“指引”方向。12. D。根据上文 the horses were given masks ... their eyes or ears 可知答案为 D。 13. C。根据上文 the real horses went to either bucket the same number of times 可知，那匹真 马不能从这样的图片中“得到”很多信息。 14. A。根据上文 The findings suggest 以及下文 the new research shows 可知答案为 A。 15. D。研究表明，眼睛长在头两边的动物能“使用”注视交流。 语法填空 在作者九岁生日那一年，父母送给作者一辆崭新的自行车，作者非常喜欢并允许 邻居小孩骑自己的新车。 16. quickly。考查词性转换。修饰谓语动词要用副词形式。 17. which。考查定语从句。句意为：我有一辆旧车，那是我的哥哥们传给我的。 18. a。考查冠词。new three-speed bicycle 是第一次提到，故用不定代词 a 表示泛指。 19. neither。考查连词。neither ... nor ... 意为“两者都不”。句意为：我记得，以前我和我的 兄弟们都没有收到过新自行车。 20. from。考查介词。句意为：他们从朋友和邻居那里得到衣服、玩具和自行车。 21. most valuable。考查形容词的最高级。句意为：这辆自行车是我收到的最珍贵的礼物。 22. When。考查状语从句。When 引导时间状语从句，表示“当……时”。 23. Being taught。考查非谓语动词。teach 与 I 之间是被动关系，且做主语，故要用非谓语 动词的被动形式。 24. rode。考查动词时态。根据上下文可知，这是讲过去的事情，故用一般过去时。 25. what。考查宾语从句。what 引导的宾语从句，作介词 for 的宾语。 阅读理解
绍了来自肯尼亚的一位女士，并通过她说明了他们学习的目的及期待要做出的改变。 26. A。细节理解题。根据第二段的 She says she wants to improve health care and development in the northeastern part of the country.可知这一组织的目的是提高该国家某些地区的医疗和 发展。 27. A。细节理解题。根据第三段的 Families move from one place to another in search of water and places to feed the animals. This traditional life — always on the move limits education and health care.可知为了找到更好的喂养动物的资源，他们总是在不断地迁徙。 28. A。词义猜测题。根据上文提到的农业可以让他们有美好未来，下文还提到他们有很好 的机会发展农业，根本原因就是土地肥沃。 29. C。主旨大意题。A 项只是最后一段的部分内容，B 项没有提及，而 C 项真正概括了最 后一段的主旨大意，即：这一教育项目的一些信息介绍。 30. C。细节理解题。根据文章第四段内容可知 C 项正确。 B 本文是一篇说明文，重点介绍了非洲有些妇女为了让肤色看起来更淡一些而使
用某些化妆品。其中的一些化妆品给她们带来了健康危害。电影制片人 Ms Sall 关注这个 问题并提出了解决措施。 31. D。细节理解题。文章通篇都在讲化妆品中的化学药品对皮肤的危害，尤其是第二段更 是详细地说明了这个问题。 32. C。 推理判断题。 根据第二段 The World Health Organization says that 25 percent of African women nearly use skin-lightening products every morning and evening.可知答案。 33. C。推理判断题。根据第三段 Shop worker Adama advises her visitors to avoid the strong products that promise fast results.可以推断出 Adama 是一个很有爱心、关心客户健康的人。 34. D。细节理解题。根据第四段 They want to look beautiful, to find a husband, or to stand out in a crowd.可知 D 项即为原因。 35. B。细节理解题。根据最后一段内容可知，Ms Sall 认为最好的方法是要通过教育，让人 们知道淡化肤色化妆品的危害性。 C 本文是一篇说明文，主要讲述了剪纸艺术。剪纸艺术不仅在中国很受欢迎，在
很多别的国家也很流行。 36. A。细节理解题。根据第一段的 It has been widely practiced in China since at least the 6th century A.D.可知，剪纸在中国有着源远流长的历史。
37. C。细节理解题。根据第二段的 During Filipino Christmas, the parol (a traditional star-shaped lantern) is decorated with coloured paper.可知应 选 C。 38. D。 推理判断题。 根据第三段的 Rangoli is a folk art from India in which patterns are created on the floor in living rooms or courtyards 可推断，Rangoli 被经常用来装饰地面。 39. B。 细节理解题。 根据第四段的 By about the 17th century, Jewish paper cutting had become a popular form for small artifacts.可知，犹太剪纸是在 17 世纪融入到了小艺术品中，流行起 来的，17 世纪相当于 1600s。 40. D。主旨大意题。根据文章内容可知，主要讲述了不同国家的一些剪纸艺术，故选 D。 D 本文是一篇说明文。主要介绍了一个叫 Machu Picchu 的南美古代建筑遗迹，该
地除了人文景观丰富之外， 自然景观也是可圈可点， 文中还介绍了去该地旅游的最佳时间。 41. C。细节理解题。根据第一段的内容 which is usually part of a Machu Picchu tour route 可 知，Sacsayhuamon 是 Machu Picchu 旅游路段的一部分，所以选 C。 42. D。细节理解题。根据第二段 the ruins are the size of a village, and combined with nearby forests and wild parks, which as described by UNESCO, covers more than 116 square miles.可知 D 项不是 Machu Picchu 的特点。 43. C。细节理解题。根据第二段 but we are still guessing about its academic importance to the ancient people 可知现在我们已知其用于居住和宗教活动，其之所以具有神秘感是我们猜测 它可能会有其他的用途。 44. C。细节理解题。根据第三段 providing a protected habitat for several endangered species, such as spectacled bears and cat-like pumas 可知，C 项正确。 45. C。写作意图题。本文讲述的是 Machu Picchu 旖旎的风光和厚重的人文景观，目的是向 潜在的游客介绍，吸引他们前来游览。