Unit 2 How often do you exercise?
Section A 1 (1a-2d) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词： housework, hardly, ever, hardly ever, once, twice, Internet, program, full, swing, swing dance, maybe, least, at least 能掌握以下句型： ① —What does he do on weekends? ② —How often do you watch TV? ③ —Does he go shopping? 2) 能了解以下语法： 频度副词及一般现在时简单谈论周末活动情况。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 通过本单元的学习，养成健康的饮食习惯，保证充足的睡眠时间，进行合理 的运动锻炼，以保持健康的体魄。培养学生的逻辑表述能力，激发学生的积极思 维，并使学生互相了解，增进友谊，加强人际交往，以形成良好的人际关系。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 对 6 个频度副词细微差异的理解及使用。 2) 弄清一般现在时在不同人称下动词形式及提问的变化。 2. 教学难点： 1) 第三人称单数谓语动词在此核心句型中的运用。 2) 谈论课余时间的各项活动，以及初步认识和使用频率副词。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Learning objectives & Warming up 1. To learn to talk about how often you do things with some adverbs of frequency: always/ usually/ often/ sometimes/ hardly ever /never/ twice… 2. To listen for some specific information in conversations 3. To understand the conversation between Claire and Jack 4. To learn some new words and expressions
—He usually watches TV. —I watch TV every day. —No, he never go shopping.
Words: housework, hardly, ever, once, twice, Internet, program, full, swing Phrase: hardly ever Patterns: What do you usually do on weekends? How often do you…? Warming up: Talk about your last weekend’s activities. Ⅱ. Presentation (1) 教师问：“What do you usually do on weekends ? ” (并且板书)让学生根据自己的 实际回答 I usually …… on weekends. (2) 教师出示动词卡片 watch TV，read books，exercise，swim, play football、go shopping、 go to movies 让学生回答。 Ⅲ. Work on 1a 1. Look at the picture. Discuss with your partners. Make a list of the weekend activities. 2. Let some Ss read out their activities. Let other Ss add more activities. Ⅳ. Work on 1b 1. Tell Ss to listen and write the letters from the picture above on the line below. Play the tape for the first time. Ss listen and fill in the blanks. Play the tape for the second time for the Ss to check the answers. 2. Listen again and complete the conversation. Reporter: _____________________ on weekends? Girl 1: I _________ go shopping. Boy 1: I ______ go shopping. I ________ watch TV. Boy 2: I _______ exercise. Girl 2: I _____ help with __________. Reporter: How about you? Girl 3: I ___________ watch TV. I ______ read. Reporter: Oh, __________? Girl 3: Oh, I don’t know. I guess I just like books.
Ⅴ. Work on 1c 1. Act out the conversation with a student. 2. Let Ss talk about the pictures in 1a in pairs. 3. Let some Ss act out their conversations. Ⅵ. Work on 2a, 2b 1. Let Ss read the phrases in the chart. 2. Pre-listening. Look at the picture on page 10 and answer the questions. 1) What’s the boy’s name? 2) Is the person asking question a man or a woman? What’s her job? 3) What question is the reporter asking Cheng Tao? 4) What’s Cheng Tao’s answer? 5) Who’s asking questions in the conversation? Who’s answering questions? 6) What other activities does Cheng Tao do? 3. Tell Ss that Cheng Tao is taking about how often he does these activities. Play the recording for the first time. Ss listen and number the activities [1-5]. 4. Play the recording for the second time for the Ss to check the answers. Work on 2b: 1. Tell Ss they will hear the recording again. This time, listen and match the activities in 2a with how often Cheng Tao does them. 2. Ss listen and math the activities with the phrases. 3. Check the answers. Ⅶ. Work on 2c 1. Ask one student how often he/she watch TV as a model. T: Hi, S1. How often do you watch TV? S1: I watch TV every day. T: What’s your favorite program? S1: Animal world. T: How often do you watch it? S1: Twice a week. 2. Let one student read the activities in the chart. Tell them these new words: favorite website (最喜欢的网站)；favorite sport (最喜欢的运动)
3. Ss work with their partners. Then ask some pairs to act out their conversations. Ⅷ. Role-play 1. Read the conversation by themselves, then match the activity with the right time. Dance lesson Piano lesson Playing tennis Tuesday Wednesday and Friday Monday
2. Let the Ss read the conversation after you. 3. Listen and finish the conversation. Jack: Hi, Claire, ___________ next week? Claire: Hmm… next week is quite full for me, Jack. Jack: Really? __________? Claire: I have ______________ lessons. Jack: ____________ dance are you learning? Claire: Oh, swing dance. It’s ____! I have class __________, _____________. Jack: _______________ have piano lessons? Claire: ___________, on Wednesday and Friday. Jack: Well, _________ Tuesday? Claire: Oh, I have to __________ with my friends. But do you want to come? Jack: Sure! 4. Ss work with a partner and act out the conversation. Then let some pairs to act out the conversation in front of the class. IX. Language points 1. exercise e.g. 我每天都锻炼。 我爸爸总是做运动。 我们每天都做早操。 I exercise every day. My father always does exercise. We do morning exercises every day. v. 锻炼 n. 运动、锻炼，为不可数名词
习题、体操，为可数名词，常和动词 do 搭配使用，做“体操”讲时多用复数。 常用词组： take/do exercise do morning exercises do eye exercises 做运动； 做早操； 做眼保健操
2. hardly 作副词，“几乎不”，表示否定概念，它常和 can, could 等连用，在句中位 于动词 be、情态动词或助动词之后、行为动词之前。 e.g. 他不太会说英语。He can hardly speak English. hardly ever 几乎从不 e.g. Peter is hardly ever late. 彼得几乎不迟到。 辨析：hard 也用副词，意为“努力地、刻苦地”，“猛烈地” 。 e.g. He works hard only before exams. 他只在考试前努力学习。 3. once, twice, three times 等次数的表达法。 1) 这三个词都表示____，once 是____，twice 是____，除了一次，两 次，其他的次数都表达___________。 如：三次是__________，五次是_________。 次数，一次，两次；数字+times three times, five times 2) 这些表次数的词后与一段时间连用，表示动作多长时间发生几次，即动作 的_____。 3) 翻译： 两周一次 ________________ 一年两次 ________________ 一个月两次 ________________ 4. How often & How many times e.g. 你多久上一次钢琴课？ 你一周上几次钢琴课？ How often do you have piano lesson? How many times do you have piano lessons? How often + 助动词 do (does 或 did) + 主语 + do sth. ? 是对频率（多久一次） 进行提问。疑问词 how often (在这里助动词 do, does, 或 did 是起疑问的作用)
与一般现在时或一般过去时连用，回答一般用表频率的副词 always, usually, often, sometimes, never 等或者是“数次 + 一段时间”，如 once/twice a month, three times a month, every year, every week 等。 How many times 对次数进行提问， 其答语为 once, twice, three times 等表示次数 的单词或短语。 5. Hmm…next week is quite full for me, Jack. full 作形容词，“忙的”，其同义词为 busy。 e.g. He had a full weekend. full“满的”，其反义词为 empty (空的)。 e.g. The restaurant is full every day. full“吃饱了的”，其反义词为 hungry。 e.g. I’m full, so I don’t want to eat anything. 【拓展】充满 be filled with = be full of e.g. 瓶子里装满了水。(翻译) The bottle is full of water. The bottle is filled with water. X. Summary on weekends 在周末 twice / three times a week 一周两 / 三次 stay up late 熬夜 swing dance 摇摆舞 How come? 怎么会呢？ go to the movies 去看电影 hardly ever 几乎从不 junk food 垃圾食品 help with housework 帮忙做家务 go shopping 去购物 use the Internet 使用互联网 read English books 阅读英文书籍 favorite program 最喜欢的节目
have piano lessons 上钢琴课 句型： 1. What do you usually do on weekends? I often go to the movies. 2. How often do you watch TV? Twice a week. Ⅺ. Exercises Ⅰ. 根据句意及所给汉语提示，用恰当的短语填空，每空一词。 1. Mike's sister _______ _______(几乎从不) goes out at night. 2. Many people in the town are interested in ________ ________(摇摆舞). 3. Last week Jack didn't _______ _______ _______(上钢琴课). 4. My grandma goes to the park _______ _______ _______ _______(一周三次). 5. Mom, can I ______ _________(去购物) with you this afternoon? Ⅱ. 根据对话内容，从方框中选择恰当的选项补全对话，其中有两项多余。 A. How do you usually get there? B. Sorry, I can't. C. How is the weather? D. How long does the train ride take? E. How far is the train station from your grandpa's home? F. How often do you visit your grandpa? G. What do you usually do with your grandpa? A: Hey, Mike! Can you come to my party this Saturday? B: (1)_____________ This Saturday I have to visit my grandpa. A: Oh? (2)________ B: Once a month. A: Is your grandpa's home far from yours? B: Yes, it's about 150 kilometers. A: (3)________ B: By train. A: (4)________ B: About thirty-five minutes.
A: (5)________ B: Sometimes I go fishing with him. And sometimes I help work on his farm. Ⅻ.Homework: 翻译句子 ① 周末你通常做什么事情？我通常踢足球。 ____________________________________ ② 周末他们做什么事情？他们经常去看电影。 ___________________________________
Section A 2 (Grammar Focus-3c) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 复习运用频率词汇及询问活动频率。 2) 一般现在时态的熟练运用。 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 通过本单元的学习，养成健康的饮食习惯，保证充足的睡眠时间，进行合理 的运动锻炼，以保持健康的体魄。培养学生的逻辑表述能力，激发学生的积极思 维，并使学生互相了解，增进友谊，加强人际交往，以形成良好的人际关系。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) —How often do you /does he(she)….? 2） 频度副词的用法: 2. 教学难点： 1) 第三人称单数谓语动词在此核心句型中的运用。 2) 能够谈论课余时间的各项活动，以及初步认识和使用频率副词。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Revision & Learning objectives 1. Ask and answer some oral questions on how often exercise. 2. Check the homework. 3. Ask Ss to role-play the conversation in 2d. Learning objectives:
always; usually ; often ; sometimes; hardly ever; never
1. To learn to use “How often …?” and answer the question with some adverbs of frequency: always/ usually/ often/sometimes/hardly ever /never/ twice … 2. To learn to use: What do you usually do on weekends？ Ⅱ. Grammar Focus 1. 学生阅读 Grammar Focus 中的句子，然后做填空练习。 1) 你通常在周末做什么？ ______ ____ you _______ do on weekends? 2) 我总是去运动。I _______ _______. 3) 他们总是在周未做什么事情？ ______ _____ they ________ on weekends？ 4) 他们经常帮助做家务。 They ________ _______ with housework. 5) 她在周未做什么？ What ______ she _______ on weekends? 6) 她有时候去购物。 She _________ _______ _________. 你多久去看电影一次？ _____ _____ do you go to the _________? 7) 我可能一个月去看一次。 I go to movies ______ _______ a ________. 8) 他多久看一次电视? ______ _______ does he watch TV 9) 他几乎不看电视。 He ________ _______ watches TV. 10) 他去购物吗? ______ ___ go shopping? 11) 不，他从不去购物。 No, he _______ ______ shopping. 3. 学生们完成填空试题后，可以打开课本检查答案，对错误的句子，单独进行强 化记忆。 Ⅲ. Try to Find 1. Tell Ss try to find the answers.
A: how often 意为 “__________”，是用于提问表示________的特殊疑问词组。 其 答 语 应 为 表 示 ________ 的 副 词 或 副 词 词 组 。 句 子 的 时 态 一 般 是 _____________，也可以是一般过去时。多久一次，频率，频率，一般现在时 翻译： 你多久去游泳一次？一个星期三次。 __________________________________. _________________________________. How often do you go swimming? Three times a week. 频度副词 ? ? ? ? ? ? always 意为“总是”，表示动作的重复或状态的延续。 usually 意为“通常”，表示很少有例外。 often 意为“经常”， 表示动作的重复， 但不如 usually 那么频繁， 中间有间断。 sometimes 意为“有时”，表示动作偶尔发生。 hardly 意为“几乎不”，常和 ever 连用表示强调。 never 意为“从未”。
提示：频率副词在句中的位置是：实义动词之前，be 动词，助动词或情态动词 之后。 e.g. It’s always interesting to watch other people show their talents. Why do people usually make resolutions? When we watch movies about the future, we sometimes see robots. They hardly ever watch TV. Ⅳ. Practice 1. Tell Ss to make questions. 2. Then try to ask and answer questions about the questions. 3. Ask some Ss to ask and answer with their partners in front of the class. 方法指导：应通读所有词汇，掌握句子大意；然后，找出句子中的特殊疑问 词。最后，按“特殊疑问词+ 一般疑问句？” 的结构来构成句子。其他类似。 学生们，按老师指导的方法进行阅读，并逐句推敲组成正确的特殊疑问句， 并理解掌握特殊疑问句的句式结构，在实际的运用中提高自己的阅读能力、分析 能力及综合运用能力。
Ⅴ. Language points 1. I go to the movies maybe once a month. maybe“大概；或许；可能”，是副词，常位于句首或句中。 e.g. 或许他们将去海滩度假。 Maybe they are going to the beach for vacation. 【辨析】maybe 与 may be maybe 是副词，在句子做状语。may be 是情态动词 may 与动词原形 be 一起构成 句子的谓语动词意为“可能是”，它们有时也可互换。 e.g. 或许它们在你的书包里。 _______ they are in your schoolbag. Maybe They _______ in your schoolbag. may be 2. He plays at least twice a week. at least 意为“至少，不少于；起码”，是副词词组，一般指在数量或程度上。 e.g. 你必须至少一周打扫你的房间一次。 You have to clean your house ______ once a week. at least Ⅵ. Group work 1. Let Ss work in groups of six or eight. 2. Tell Ss discuss what activities they do to improve their English. Then write the activities in the chart. 3. Ask their group mates the questions and fill in the chart. 4. Try to make a report about their partners. (最后，可以经学生们评议来推举最有能力的小组） Ⅶ. Summary --How often do you/they…? --I always/usually/sometimes/never… --How often does he/she… --He/She often/hardly ever… --He/She …once/twice/three times a month… Ⅷ.Exercises Ⅰ. 从方框中选择恰当的单词完成句子，使上下两句的意思相同或相近。 always, often, sometimes, never
1. I watch TV in the evening five or six times a week. → I ________ watch TV in the evening. 2. Maria eats hamburgers for breakfast seven days a week. → Maria ________ eats hamburgers for breakfast. 3. I don't let my brother use my computer. → I ________ let my brother use my computer. 4. I take the bus to work once a week. → I usually drive to work, but I ________ take the bus. Ⅱ. 根据括号内的要求完成下列各题，每空一词(含缩略形式)。 1. I never go swimming with my brother. (改为一般疑问句) ________ ________ never ________ swimming with your brother? 2. Frank often stays up late. (改为否定句) Frank ________ often ________ up late. 3. Jeff usually watches TV on Sunday evening. (对划线部分提问) _______ _______ Jeff usually ______ on Sunday evening? 4. Bill goes to the movies once a week. (对划线部分提问) _______ _______ _______ Bill _______ to the movies? 5. I visited Mr. Green twice last month. (对划线部分提问) ________ ________ ________ did you visit Mr. Green last month? Ⅸ.Homework Do a survey: What does he/she do on weekends? Name Bob Activity play computer games How often usually
Report: Bob usually plays computer games.
He hardly ever watches TV…
Section B 1 (1a-1e) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 能掌握以下单词：junk, junk food, coffee, health 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 了解其他学生们的日常生活情况，让学生们知道应如何安排自己的日常生活， 向其他有良好生活习惯的人们学习，做一个有良好习惯的人。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 掌握本课时出现的生词及表达方式。 2) 进行听力训练，提高综合听说能力。 2. 教学难点 听力训练 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Revision & Learning objectives 1. Daily greeting. 2. Free talk Learning objectives: 1. To learn some new words and useful expressions: junk, junk food, health be good/bad for …, want sb. to do sth. 2. To listen for specific information in conversations 3. To learn to talk about healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy lifestyle Ⅱ. Presentation 1. T: Show some pictures of food or drink on the big screen. Ss read the words then discuss they are healthy or unhealthy. 2. Work on 1a. Read the words with the pictures then match the words with the pictures. Ⅲ. Find 1. Show a list of words of food and drinks on the big screen. Then list them into “healthy” or “unhealthy”
2. Check the answer with the Ss. 3. Ask and answer questions about the pictures on 1a. Make a model to the Ss: T: How often do you drink milk, S1? S1: I drink milk every day. T: Do you like it? S1: No, but my mother wants me to drink it. She says it’s good for my health. be good for 对……有好处 e.g. Milk is good for our health. 牛奶对我们的健康有好处。 be bad for 对……有坏处 e.g. Hot dog is bad for our health. 热狗对我们的健康有坏处。 2. want sb. to do sth. want sb. to do sth. 意为“想让某人做某事”。如： He wants you to see him at the station. 【链接】want 后面可接名词(短语)、代词或动词不定式(短语)。如： Tina wants a black schoolbag. I want to buy a new bike. Ⅳ. Work on 1c, 1d 1. Tell Ss that a reporter is interviewing Bill and Tina what their eating habits are. Listen to the recording and find the answer to these two questions: Is Bill healthy? Is Tina healthy? Listen and find the answers to the questions. 3. T: Now let's work on 1d. First, let one student read the sentences and try to know the meaning of the sentences. 4. Play the first time, Ss just listen. Play the tape for the second time for the Ss to listen and find the answers. 5. Check the answers: 6. 听力指导：学生先要抓住这六个问题的意思。带着这六个问题去对话。在听的 时候，应重点将与这六个问题相关的回答听清，其他作为非重点内容。 Ⅴ. Work on 1e 1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer questions. SA is the reporter. SB is Tina or Bill. Ask and answer questions. Then change roles.
e.g. ─How often do you exercise? ─I exercise every day. ─And how often do you …? ─I exercise … 2. Teacher can walk around the classroom, and give some help to the Ss. Ⅵ. Summary drink milk 喝牛奶 go to bed 上床睡觉 eat a healthy breakfast 吃健康的早餐 be good for 对……有好处 want sb. to do sth. 想让某人做某事 Ⅶ. Exercises Ⅰ. 根据语境及所给首字母提示，补全所缺单词。 1. —Would you like some c , sir?
—No, thanks. For drinks, I only like tea. 2. —She is 80 and is still in very good h .
—Yeah. She exercises every day. 3. —Jenny will go to the USA. Is it true? —M , but I'm not sure.
Ⅱ. 将下列句子翻译成英语。 1. 鲍勃(Bob)晚上通常在家。 _____________________________________ 2. 我不总是每天晚上学习。 _____________________________________ 3. 他有时给我写信。 _____________________________________ _____________________________________ 4. 我弟弟从不熬夜。 _____________________________________ Ⅷ. Homework
1. Write a short passage about how often you do the things in 1d. 2. Preview the new words we will use in the next lesson.
Section B 2 (2a-2e) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 能掌握以下单词：percent，online, television，although, body，such as, mind， together, die, writer 2) 能掌握以下句型： ① not …at all ② The best way to … is …. ③ such as… 2. 情感态度价值观目标： 了解其他学生们的日常生活情况，让学生们知道应如何安排自己的日常生活， 向其他有良好生活习惯的人们学习，做一个有良好习惯的人。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 掌握本课时出现的生词及表达方式。 2) 阅读短文，获得相关信息，提高学生们的综合阅读能力。 2. 教学难点 阅读 2b 部分的短文并完成相关要求。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Revision & Learning objectives 1. Daily greeting. 2. Pair work watch TV read exercise go shopping go to the movies …
A: What do you usually do in your free time? B: I usually …. A: How often do you …? B: I … twice a week. How about you, …? A: I often … in my free time. And I … four to six times a week.
Learning objectives 1. To read and understand the article regarding the free time activities of No. 5 High School students 2. To understand and learn to describe the pie charts 3. To learn some new words and useful expressions Ⅱ. Survey Work on 2a: 1. Let Ss discuss the activities with their classmates and rank these activities according to how often you think your classmates do them. 2. Let some Ss tell their answers. Ⅲ. Reading 1. T: Here are the results of what the students in No. 5 High School do in their free time. Read the passage quickly and find the answers to the two questions: 1) How many kinds of free time activities are mentioned in the passage? _______________________________ 2) What is the best way to relax? _________________________________
2. Read the passage carefully and complete the pie chart below. Ss read the passage and try to fill in the pie chart. Then check the answers together. Ⅳ. Work on 2c 1. T: Now let’s read through the five questions. Make sure the Ss know the meaning of the questions. Then let Ss read the passage again and try to find the answers to the questions. 2. 方法指导：首先，应读懂五个题目的意思；然后，认真带着问题去阅读短文。 在短文中找到相关问题的回答依据，并回答上每个问题。最后，检查一下自己 的回答是否正确。 3. Ss read carefully and try to find the answers to the questions. 4. Check the answers with the class. Ⅴ. Practice Work on 2d: 1. T: Now let’s make some sentences with the percentages using always, usually or sometimes.
2. 方法指导： 首先， 明确 always, usually 及 sometimes 所代表的百分比数值； 然后， 看再看每个百分比数在短文中相关的活动；最后，造出恰当的句子。 3. Ss read the passage again and try to make some new sentences. Check the answers with each others. Ⅵ. Work on 2e: 1. Let Ss read through the activities in the chart first. Select one activity from them. Then ask their classmates how often they do this activity and make a pie chart. 2. Ss work in groups. Ask and answer questions then fill in the chart. 3. Make a pie chart like those in 2b. 4. Then try to make a short report like the report in 2b. Ⅶ. Language points 1. We found that only fifteen percent of our students exercise every day. percent 名词，意为“百分之……”
e.g. 我们班里 80%的学生每天都锻炼。 Eighty percent of the students in our class exercise every day. 【注意】 percent 做主语时，谓语动词的数要根据其后面的名词来确定。 e.g. Fifty percent of the apples are bad. 50%的苹果都坏了。 Twenty percent of the meat is in the fridge. 20%的肉都在冰箱。 2. And twenty percent do not exercise at all! not … at all 意为“一点也不”，not 应和 be 动词、助动词或情态动词连用。 e.g. The story isn’t interesting at all. 那个故事一点也没有趣。 They didn’t enjoy the vacation at all. 他们根本不喜欢那次度假。 The old man can’t use the computer at all. 那位老人一点也不会用电脑。 3. … but we were surprised that ninety percent of them use the Internet every day. surprised 的用法 e.g. 我们队这个消息感到很意外。 我在这里见到你很意外。 We are surprised at the news.
I am very surprised to meet you here. surprised adj. 惊奇的，意外的 be surprised at... 对......感到惊讶，后面可以跟 somebody, something, 或 doing something be surprised to do sth. be surprised that + 从句 4. Although many students like to watch sports, game shows are the most popular. although 连词，“尽管，虽然；即使” e.g. 尽管天气很冷，但是我们还是去钓鱼了。 We went fishing although it was cold. 注意：although 引导的从句不能与 but 连用，有 although 就没有 but。 e.g. 尽管他离家很早，但是他还是迟到了。 Although he left home early, he was late. 【运用】 My cousin knows a lot about geography, ______ he is only four years old. A. because B. so C. although 5. …but we think the best way to relax is through exercise. through 介词， “以，凭借” e.g. 他通过报纸上的一个广告找到这份工作。 He found the job through an advertisement in the newspaper. [拓展] through 还有“穿过”之意。表示“从……内部穿过”。 e.g. 昨天他们穿过了森林。 They went through the forest yesterday. 6. Exercise such as playing sports is fun… such as“像……这样”，表示列举。 结构常为：名词+such as+ 例子 e.g. 她喜欢像兔子、小鸟这样的小动物。 She likes animals such as rabbits and birds.
7. Old habits die hard.
谚语，表示习惯一旦养成，并非朝夕即可改变，多用来描述人们一时难以改变 的固有观念及做法。 e.g. It’s the age of new technology, but my grandpa still goes everywhere with his old radio. Old habits die hard, you see. 现在都已经是新技术时代了，可我爷爷仍然到哪儿都带着他的收音机。你瞧， 老习惯可真难改呀。 8. So start exercising before it’s too late! it’s too late 为时太晚；来不及了 e.g. 现在你知道你错了，但是已经太晚了。 Now you know you’re wrong, but it’s too late. it’s too late 与 before 共同组成从句，表示“不要等到为时已晚；不要等到来不及 的时候；趁着还来得及 ”。 e.g. 你应当更加用功，别等到为时过晚而赶不上了。 You should work harder before it’s too late to catch up. Ⅷ.Summary in the free time 在空闲时间 ask sb. about sth. 询问某人关于某事 at least 至少；不少于；起码 be good for health 对健康有好处 draw pictures 画画 go online 上网 go camping 去野营 less than 少于 go to the dentist 看牙医 play computer games 玩电脑游戏 play sports 做运动 more than 多于 such as 例如；像……这样 ... percent of the students 百分之……的学生 the answer to the question 问题的答案
Old habits die hard. 旧习难改。 Ⅸ. Exercises Ⅰ. 根据句意及所给汉语提示，写出句中所缺单词。 1. Mr. Hunt knew a lot about the world ________(通过) reading newspapers. 2. I met three great ________(作家) at the meeting last week. 3. He finished his tests two weeks ago, but he got the ________(结果) today. 4. Peter and Bob always go to school and go back home ________(一起). 5. The old man ________(死亡) yesterday. We got the news just now. Ⅱ. 根据汉语意思完成英语句子，每空一词。 1. 我参观过许多城市，比如深圳和天津。 I visited many cities, _______ _______ Shenzhen and Tianjin. 2. 那是解决这个问题的最好的办法吗？ Is that ______ ______ ______ ______ solve the problem? 3. 我们不知道这个问题的答案。 We don't know _______ _______ ______ _____ _________. 4. 我的狗每天至少睡 10 个小时。 My dog sleeps ______ ______ ten hours every day. 5. 格林先生问了我有关我工作的情况。 Mr. Green ________ me ________ my job. Ⅹ. Homework 1. Write your own health report. 2. Learn the new words we have learnt by heart.
Section B 3 (3a-Self Check) 一、教学目标： 1. 语言知识目标： 1) 复习询问或谈论别人饮食、 锻炼的频率、 休息的时间及选择不同频率的理由。 2) 能够运用所给的提示，完成对某人饮食习惯的描写。 3) 总结回顾所有的频率词，并学会运用所学的频率词来谈论某人的生活习惯。 2. 情感态度价值观目标：
1) 通过小组活动对话、 讨论、 调查等活动。 培养学生们的合作意识和团队精神。 2）谈论日常生活行为习惯，提倡合理安排自己的生活，养成良好的生活习惯， 享受丰富多彩的校园生活。 二、教学重难点 1. 教学重点： 1) 能运所给的提示词来描写个人的饮食起居等方面的习惯。 2）能运用一些相关资料对他人进行好习惯与坏习惯的调查。 2. 教学难点： 能运所给的提示词来描写个人的饮食起居等方面的习惯。 三、教学过程 Ⅰ. Warming up and revision 1. Have a dictation of the new words and expressions. 2. How to keep healthy? Ⅱ. Learning objectives To learn to use adverbs of frequency to write about your habits Ⅲ. Presentation 1. Show some pictures of your daily activities. Tell Ss your good activities and bad activities. 2. Let some Ss tell about how often they do some activities and judge they are good habits and bad habits. Ⅳ. Practice 1. Look at the information in the chart and complete the report. 2. 阅读指导: 首先，通读短文，了解短文的大体意思。读表格中活动及后面的做此活动所用 的时间，并确定做此事的频率，可以在每个活动后面写出相应的频率词。如： Exercise 应用 always/every day；read books 也是 always/every day；drink juice 应为 usually; … 3. Ss read the passage then fill in the blanks with the words in the box. 4. Check the answers. Ⅴ. Language points 1. however 副词，意为“然而，可是”，表示转折关系，可放在句首、句中、句末。
e.g. 我很饿，但她却给了我一些水。 可是我父亲没有开车去那里。(翻译) I was hungry, however, she gave me some water. My father, however, didn’t drive there. 2. more than，“多于”，相当于 over; 反义词为 less than ，“少于” 。 e.g. 到达学校用时从未超过半小时。 他们会在那里呆不到三天。(翻译) It never takes more than/over half an hour to get to school. They’ll stay there for less than three days. Ⅵ. Writing Work on 3b: 1. Complete the chart with your own information. Then in the last column, use expressions like always, every day, twice a week and never. 2. Then let some Ss show their chart to the class. Work on 3c: 1. Let Ss write a report about their good habits and bad habits. Say how often they do things using the report in 3a as an example. 2. 写作指导： 首先，根据自己所填写的表格，写出相关的自己的好习惯及坏习惯的句子。 然后，按先叙述好习惯，再叙述坏习惯。将这些句子排列在一起。注意，连接词 的运用，如：however, also 等。让句子更加简洁和流畅。 3. Check the compositions and let some Ss read their compositions. Ⅶ. Quiz 1. Tell Ss to take the health quiz. Compare your results with your partner’s. Who’s healthier? 2. Read the quiz and the chart first and make sure all the students know how to take the health quiz. 3. Work in groups and take the quiz in your group. See who is healthier? Ⅷ. Practice Self Check 1 and 2 1. 让学生相互讨论并在表格中填写出自己及自己的父母亲所做的活动。
2. Let some Ss read aloud their chart. Then try to write five sentences using the information above. 3. Make sure they use the correct forms of the verbs. Self check 3 1. Tell Ss that they should read the conversation and then fill in the blanks with the right forms. 2. Ss read the conversations and try to fill in the blanks. 3. Check the answers: usually, How often, Hardly, How often, once a; never 4. Let Ss practice the conversation with their partner. Ⅸ.Homework 1. Do a survey in your family, using the questions and charts in Part 4. 2. Preview the new words and expressions in Unit 3.