生 词 书 签
road n. 路； (尤指) 公路
accident n. 交通事故； 意外事件
journey n. 旅行；旅程
classmate n. 同班同学
except prep. 除……之外 e.g. I like every subject except math. 除了数学我每个学科都喜欢。
choice n. 选择 e.g. They may have no choice. 他们可能没有别的选择。
e.g. He took his journey into a far country.
他到一个遥远的国家去旅行。 How far can you throw?
你能扔多远？ far from 远离
e.g. The school is far from my home.
close adj. （距离上）近的；接近的 adv. （距离上）接近地 e.g. The church is close to the school. 教堂在学校附近。 They live quite close. 他们住得很近。
crowded adj. 拥挤的； 人数过多的 e.g. It is so crowded that there is not even stand room. 挤得几乎没有站立的地方。
all the time 一直；不断地 e.g. He is a businessman all the time. 他一直是个生意人。
How do you often go to school?
Look at the pictures, and say something about the pictures.
My father goes to work by bus.
Most of our classmates go to school by bike. It’s very cheap.
It’s the fastest train in the world. It’s modern.
Mum often goes to work by taxi. It’s the most comfortable way.
The Black’s are going to travel to London by ship.
Many people take the underground to work. It’s crowded. subway
They travel to Beijing by plane. It’s the most expensive way.
Match the words in the box with the pictures. bus ship taxi train underground
Listen and match the words in the box with the pictures in Activity 1. You need to use one word more than once.
busy cheap expensive modern
How do you usually go to school? I usually go to school by bike/ train/ bus....
Why do you choose this way? 为什么选择这种方 式？
What do you think before you choose this transportation？
distance 距离 train ship taxi underground bus plane coach
Of the seven ways, I think plane is the most expensive way. Of the seven ways, I think taxi is the most comfortable way. Of the seven ways, I think bus is the cheapest way. I live farthest from school, I think underground is the best way.
Listen and complete the table. Ways to go to school Betty Tony by bus by bus by underground by underground by bus walk / on foot by bus walk / on foot
Read the dialogue aloud
Find out the sentences with 最高级
1. It's the most comfortable way, but it's also the most expensive.
2. He lives the farthest from school, so he takes the underground. 3. Her home is the closest to school, so he walks.
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in the box.
1. The _________________ way to go to school is by taxi.
close comfortable far most comfortable
farthest from school. 2. Tony lives the __________
3. Lingling’s home is the _________ closest to school, so she
always walks. 4. For Betty, going to school by bike is the ______ choice.
Listen and underline the words the speaker stresses. 1. —Who lives the closest to school? — Lingling lives closest. 2. — What is the most comfortable way to go to school for Betty? — By taxi. Now work in pairs. Listen again and repeat.
Ask and answer questions about the ways of going to school. Use the words in the box to help you. bike bus cheap comfortable crowded expensive fast popular safe taxi underground walking
— What’s the most expensive way to go to school? — Going by taxi is the most expensive.
— How about by bus, is it a good way to
go to school?
— It is cheap, but so crowded.
1. 迟到 2. 乘公交车 3. 交通堵塞 4. 一个好的选择 5. 有点危险 6. ...中的大多数 7. 非常安全 8. 离学校最远 9. 乘地铁 10.离学校最近 11.和...一样 12.骑某人的自行车去 13.一直，总是
1. be late for 2. take a bus/ by bus 3. so much traffic/ heavy traffic 4. a good choice 5. a bit dangerous 6. most of 7. quite safe 8. the farthest from school 9. take the underground/ by.. 10.the closest to school 11.the same as 12.ride one's bike to... 13.all the way
1. Maybe I should go to school by taxi. 或许我应该坐出租车去上学。 by和表示交通工具的名词（名词前没有 任何冠词）连用，意思是“乘、坐”。
例如：travel by train/car/ship/ underground/boat/bus/taxi 乘火车/汽车/轮船/地铁/小船/ 公交车/出租车出行
形容词、副词的最高级 两者比较用形容词或副词的比较级，当我 们要将三个或以上的事物进行比较时，要用它 们的最高级。例如： 1. Lingling’s home is the closest to school. 玲玲 家离学校最近。（形容词的最高级前要用the） 2. It is the most comfortable way but it’s the most expensive. 这是最舒适的方式，同时也是最贵 的方式。
3. Tony lives farthest from school. 托尼住得离 学校最远（副词的最高级前可以不用the） 4. Of all the students in my class, Macy writes most carefully. 班上所有的学生中，梅西写 得最仔细。
形容词和副词的最高级的变化规则： 一、规则的：有两种： 1. 在形容词和副词的词尾，直 接加上-est， 2. 在形容词和副词前加most。
二、不规则的：每个单词有其不同 的最高级形式，需个别记忆。如： good→best （形容词） well → best （副词）
… than B，但最高级表达的是三个及三个
Tom is the tallest in our class.
Tony lives the closest to school of all my
1. short → 2. nice → 3. big → 4. thin → 5. early → 6. slowly → shortest _________________ nicest _________________ biggest _________________ thinnest _________________ earliest _________________ most slowly _________________
7. beautiful 8. carefully 9. badly 10. much 11. little 12. far
→ → → → → →
the most beautiful _________________ most carefully _________________ worst _________________ most _________________ least _________________ __________________ farthest / furthest
1. —The girls are talking about the art
festival _____. —Yes. They have so many fun things to share. (2013温州) A. easily B. angrily C. sadly D. happily
2. —Our school bus will leave at 8 o’clock tomorrow. Don’t be late. —OK. I will be there ten minutes ________. (2013安徽) A. sooner B. slower C. faster D. earlier 3. Debbie is growing fast. She is even ________ than her mother. (2013北京) A. tall B. taller C. tallest D. the tallest
4. — Dad, would you please drive ______? — No hurry. We have enough time before the plane takes off. (2013福州) A. faster B. more slowly C. more carefully 5. — Do you know Lin Shuhao? —Yes. He is one of _____ basketball players in the NBA. (2013漳州) A. popular B. more popular C. the most popular
6. —Which country is your favorite, Lin
—France, of course. It’s the _______
place that I want to visit.
A. worst B. better C. best
7. Is Lily’s home _____ away from
school than Linda’s? (2013益阳)
B. farther C. farthest
8. —Who ran ______ of all in the sports meeting? —Hector did, I think. (2013襄阳) A. fast B. faster C. the fastest D. most fast 9. Li Na is ______ tennis player in China now. A. most famous B. the most famous C. more famous
Remember the new words, then finish your workbook.