眉山市 2012 级东坡班招生考试题 英 语
本次考试分第 I 卷和第 II 卷。第 I 卷为 1-6 页，第 II 卷为 7-10 页; 全卷满分 100 分，考试时间为 100 分钟。
注意事项： 1．答第Ⅰ卷前，考生务必将自己的姓名、准考证号、考试科目用铅笔准确 填涂在答题卡上相应的位置。 2．第Ⅰ卷每小题选出答案后，用铅笔将答题卡上相应题目的答题标号涂黑， 如需改动，请用橡皮擦擦干净后，再选涂其它答案，不能答在试卷上。 3．考试结束后，考生将本试卷和答题卡一并交回。 第一节：单项选择（共 15 小题，每小题 1 分，共 15 分） 从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的正确答案。 1. —What ______ useful book! —Is it ____ one that you borrowed from Mr Green yesterday ? A. a; the B. an; the C. a; an D. the; / 2. — Which would you like best, the black one, the blue one or the white one? —_____, thanks. Just the red one, please. A. Neither A. voice B. Both B. sound C. noise C. None D. smell D. All 3. Mary has a beautiful ______. Listen! She is singing very well. 4. — Andy, will you answer the telephone ? It ______ be your father. — Sorry, I ______ . I’m having a shower. A. can; mustn’t A. have been used to C. has been used for B. will; can’t C. need; will D. may; can’t 5. All the information except these two pieces ______ writing the article. B. has been used to D. have been used for
九年级英语试题 第 1 页 共 10 页
6. —Did you see the girl in yellow pass by just now ? —No, sir. I _____ A. played computer games . B. was playing C. would play D. am playing
7. — Do you know where Mr. Li is? —No, he _____ his hometown since 2000. A. has left B. has moved away C. has gone to D. has been away from 8. —I am going to spend my summer holiday in Hainan this summer. —How lucky you are! _____ . And don’t forget to send an e-mail to me. A. Congratulations! B. Have a nice time! C. Not at all D. Good-bye! 9. — Could you tell me ________ ? — My mother was ill in hospital yesterday. A．which the way to the hospital is. C．why you didn’t go to school A. open A. to stop crying B. opens B. who you met in the hospital D. how long your mother was ill C. close D. closed C. to stop to cry D. stop to cry
10. Please keep the window _______. The room is too hot now. 11. Danny did what he could to make the baby _____. B. stop crying 12. —Bob never does his homework ________ Mary. He often makes lots of mistakes. —Because he spends ________ time doing his homework A. so careful as, less C. as carefully as, less A. who B. which B. as carefully as, more D. as careful as, more C. whose D. what
13. Marco was lucky enough to meet a man _______ liked listening to his stories. 14. — What's the homework for this week, Miss Gao? —Write a composition. You'd better get it ____ before Friday. A. do —With pleasure. A. put away B. put off C. put on D. put up B. did C. does D. done 15. —Lucy, could you please help me ___ the map on the blackboard? We won’t need it.
第二节：完形填写（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，共 10 分） 通读下面短文，根据短文内容，从短文后各小题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选
九年级英语试题 第 2 页 共 10 页
项中选择可以填入相应空白处的最佳选项。 An old friend from the U.S. whom I was looking forward to staying with, telephoned from the airport to tell me that he had arrived. I was still at the 16 at that time, but I had got everything ready for his arrival. After letting him know where my house was, I told him that I had left the 17 under the doormat(门垫). 18 I was probably to be home rather late, I told him to go the 19 and help himself to food and drink. Two hours later my friend 20 me from the house. At the moment, he said, he was listening to some of my records after having just had a truly wonderful 21 . He had found a cooker and 22 two eggs and had helped himself to some cold chicken from the ice box. Now, he said, he was drinking a glass of orange juice and he hoped I would 23 him. When I asked him if he had reached the house without difficulty, he answered, “I was not able to find the key, 24 luckily the living room windows just by the apple tree were left open and you know what I could do.” I listened to all this in 25 . In front of my living room there was no apple tree at all. 16. A. living-room 17. A. address 18. A. Because 19. A. store 20. A. invited 21. A. meal 22.A. got 23.A. visit 24.A. but 25.A. interest B. office B. telephone number B. When B. restaurant B. asked B. rest B. broke B. join B. so B. anger C. airport C. key C. If C. fridge C. answered C. time C. fried C. thank C. or C. surprise D. house D. traveling plan D. Though D. kitchen D. telephoned D. picnic D. bought D. remember D. and D. excitement
第三节：阅读理解（共 15 小题，每小题 1.5 分，共 22.5 分） 阅读下面 A,B,C 三篇短文,从每题所给的 A,B,C,D 四个选项中选出最佳选项。 A Below are some suggestions given by the English children posted on the website about how to help Africa. Which one do you think is the best? I think health is the most important thing. We need to make sure that the money we give is spent wisely. The money should be spent first on clean water supplies and
九年级英语试题 第 3 页 共 10 页
better health care. ——Robin aged 16, Birmingham I think the most important thing is to improve the education of the African countries. There is an old saying, “If you give a man a fish, you’ll feed him for a day. If you teach him how to fish, you’ll feed him for a lifetime.” We need to help people to help themselves, not just throw money at the problem when it appears. ——Rebecca aged 15, Liverpool People seem to give a lot more to charity when there is a sudden, huge disaster(灾 难) like the earthquake. It’s good for people to do so, but I also think that everyone should give a small part of their salary(工资)to charity. If everyone did that, it would make a big difference. ——Mary aged 14, Stratford Giving money to charity can help, but it’s not the final answer. I think what these countries need is a good government. ——Bethany aged 16, Newcastle The best thing that we can do is to send experts like engineers, doctors and teachers to help the people to help themselves. ——Robert aged 16, Cardiff 26. Which two children have the similar opinion? A. Mary and Rebecca. B. Bethany and Mary. C. Rebecca and Bethany. D. Rebecca and Robert. 27. Who pays more attention to Africans’ health care? A. Mary. B. Robin. C. Rebecca. D. Robert. 28. What does Rebecca mean by saying “We need to help people to help themselves”? A. We should help the teachers in Africa to improve their teaching ways. B. We should help people in Africa how to build a good government. C. We should help the African people develop skills to make a living. D. We should help the African people build more schools. 29. What is Mary’s opinion? A. Everyone should do what we can to help the African people. B. It is not good for people to give so much money to the African people. C. It is very important to have a good government. D. We can send more teachers there to help the African people. 30. Where are these suggestions posted? A. In the textbook. B. On the website.
九年级英语试题 第 4 页 共 10 页
D. In the magazine. B Stephen Hawking, a world famous British physicist, will write a children’s book with his daughter. Hawking said the book will be “a bit like Harry Potter” but without the magic. “It explains the wonders of the universe,” said Hawking, while he has on a visit to Hong Kong last week. Hawking, 64, is probably the world’s most famous scientist after Albert Einstein. He is an expert on black holes. He has put his whole life into digging into the beginning (and the end of the universe). “My goal(目标) is simple,” Hawking once said. “It is to completely understand the universe, why it is as it is and why it is there at all.” Hawking has a bad illness that stops him from moving or talking. For a period of time, he had no way to communicate except by blinking(眨眼). Now he sits on a wheelchair with a computer by his side. To communicate, he moves two fingers to control the computer’s mouse. He selects his words from the screen, which are then spoken by a wise synthesizes(音响合成器). “I have had the disease for most of my life,” Hawking once said. “Yet it has not stopped me from being successful at my work.” ____________________, he made great achievements. He has received many awards and prizes for his work over the years. This includes winning the Albert Einstein Award. It is the highest achievement in theoretical physics(理论物理). 31. The book that Stephen Hawking will write is . A. the same as Harry Potter B. quite different from Harry Potter C. about the magic D. about science 32. From the text we can learn that A. Hawking is more famous than Einstein B. Hawking is less famous than Einstein C. both Hawking and Einstein are very famous D. neither Hawking nor Einstein is famous 33. What does the underlined word it stand for? A. The goal B. The magic. C. The universe. D. The book. 34. According to the text, which of the following statements is the fact? A. Hawking has received many awards and prizes except the Albert Einstein Award. B. The illness keeps him from moving and talking. C. He communicates with others by speaking. D. The illness stopped him from being successful.
九年级英语试题 第 5 页 共 10 页
C. In the guidebook.
35. ______ is the best for the missing part in the last paragraph? A. Although Hawking is such a disabled man. B. When Hawking was young. C. Because Hawking is very clever. D. As Hawking is a very good physicist. C Frank worked in a factory. He worked hard and was always ready to help others. On a rainy day, while he was driving near a small town, he saw a dog running after a boy on a bike. The boy was so scared that he fell off his bike and hurt his arms and legs. Frank stopped to call the police and then took the boy to a hospital. The boy’s family thanked him very much. The boy had a sister named Linda. She was the same age as Frank. So they became good friends. “It’ll be my birthday tomorrow,” said Linda one day. “Oh, ” said Frank, “I’ll send you roses (玫瑰)， rose for each year of your life .” one The next morning Frank had something important to do. He went to a flower shop, bought some roses and then asked the clerk to send them to the girl for him. Frank often bought some flowers in the shop, so the shop assistant knew him very well. The shop assistant thought, “He’s a good young man, I’ll send ten more roses.” Then thirty-two roses were sent to Linda. At her birthday party she didn’t speak to Frank and he never knew what made her angry. 36. While Frank was driving, he A. hit a boy on the bike B. saw a dog chasing after a boy on a bike C. was stopped by the police D. saw a dog chasing after a walking boy 37. The boy was so scared that he A. run away quickly B. lost his bike C. fell off his bike D. cried at once 38. The boy’s family thanked Frank because A. Frank saved the boy B. Frank sent the boy to the hospital C. Frank sent the boy home D. Frank helped the boy mend the bike 39. Linda was years old. A. 18 B. 20 C. 22 D. 32 40. What’s the best title for the passage? A. 22 Roses B. 32 Roses C. A Birthday Party D. Frank and a Boy
第 6 页 共 10 页
题号 得分 任务性阅读 短文改错 短文填空 翻译句子 书面表达 总分 总分人
第四节：任务性阅读, 阅读下面短文,根据短文内容答题。 （共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） There’re many rich people in this part of country because
gold was once found here. I was only a small child at that time but I could remember everything well. Men came from everywhere to look for gold. They bought all the ground near the bank of the river. They made big holes in it, trying to find more gold. Some men found a lot, and others found none at all. Peter Fullerton was one of those who came to find gold. He bought nearly the last piece of the ground. It was a long way from the river, so no one else wanted to buy it. Peter paid all his money for it. He worked hard month after month until the ground was full of holes. But Peter found nothing. Then one night, just before he was going to leave, it began to rain. It rained for three days and three nights. When the rain stopped at last, Peter came out of his small wooden house and looked at his piece of ground. It didn’t look the same now. The holes were not there any more. But everywhere there were small plants. “There may be no gold here, ” Peter said , “ but this ground is rich, I can grow things here . I can grow flowers and I can sell them. The women in this town have money now. They have beautiful houses and they will put flowers in their houses. If I can grow good flowers here, I will make money, too.” So he did. And soon his piece of ground was covered with beautiful flowers. Later he was able to buy more fields until he owned all the ground near the river. “I was the only man who found true gold here, ” he often said. “The other took their gold out of the ground and went away. But my gold is still here.”
九年级英语试题 第 7 页 共 10 页
41．Why did people make holes in the bank of the river? ___________________________________________________________ 42. Did all the people there find gold ? ___________________________________________________________ 43. What did Peter find after the rain stopped? ___________________________________________________________ 44. What did Peter decide to do? ___________________________________________________________ 45. How did Peter feel according to the last paragraph? ___________________________________________________________
第五节：短文改错。 （共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 下面短文中每一行均有一处错误， 请将正确答案填写在右边的 横线上。
Hello! My name is Holly, I am a American boy. I live in Poland. I am a 9-years-old boy. I have two elder brothers. They are all 12 years old. I start school when I was 7 and I will leave school when I will be 18. I go to school from September in June. I study geography, math, science, history, English or Polish at school. My favorite subject is science. I usual wear my school uniform to school. I enjoy play tennis and soccer. I often
46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54.
watch my classmates to play tennis and soccer after school. 55.
第六节：短文填空（共 10 个小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 用方框内所给的单词的适当形式填入短文 空格，使短文意思正确、通顺，每词限用一次，并将正确答案
九年级英语试题 第 8 页 共 10 页
hear become come
hear invite but
they sing America buy
You may know the song Happy Birthday very well. But do you know about its writer? It was written by an She was pleased her. “The party 60 soon, but now I have little money.” Tears ran down her face. 61 the girl’s Later that night she was in bed, thinking about the gift when the door opened and her grandma came in.“ What happened? ” her grandma asked. After story, she said, “Don’t worry. I think I can help you. How about singing a song together? Happy birthday to …”What a beautiful song! They sang and sang. All of them enjoyed 62 at the party . Suddenly she woke up. It was a dream! She decided 63 it to her friends at the party. 64 ! Thank you to write it down at once and 58 56 girl. And she became very rich after that. 57 to her friend’s birthday party. a gift for When she was a child, she was poor. Once, she
sad because she didn’t have enough money 59
When she sang the song at the party the next day, her friends were very happy. “How wonderfully you sing! It is the most beautiful song that we a few years the girl 56 ________ 61 ________ 65 well-known in America. 58 ________ 63 ________ 59 ________ 64 ________ 60 ________ 65 ________ for giving me the special gift.” said her friend. And they learnt to sing it together. After
57 ________ 62 ________
第七节：翻译句子（共 5 个小题，每个句子 2 分，满分 10 分）
66. 北京是我们国家最古老的城市之一。 67. 我不想读这本书，因为没有有趣的东西。 68. 目前我们的飞船太慢，不能送人到火星（Mars）上去。 too….. to …） （ 69. 你完成作业后才能看电视。 （not …. until ）
九年级英语试题 第 9 页 共 10 页
第八节：书面表达（满分 15 分） 假如你是李群，在网上看到关于歌咏比赛的消息。你去找 王伟，告诉此事，但他没在家。请根据信息内容，用英语给王
伟写一则留言条，并邀请他一同参加比赛。要求包含该题所有中文和英文信息。 注：1 60 词左右。2 可以适当增加细节，使行文连贯。
A Singing Competition Join us next month! Date: August 16th Place: Globe Concert Hall What to sing: Songs of all kinds Everybody is welcome!
Dear Wang Wei ,
Please call me as soon as possible. Li Qun
九年级英语试题 第 10 页 共 10 页
眉山市 2012 级东坡班招生考试题 英语参考答案
第一节：选择填空 1-5 ACADC 6-10 BDBCA 11-15 BCADA 第二节：完形填空 16-20 BCADD 21-25 ACBAC 第三节：阅读：26-30DBCAB 31-35DCABA 36-40BCBCB 第四节 41 Because they wanted to find gold. 42 No, they didn’t . 43 He found many small plants. 44 He decided to grow and sell flowers. 45 He felt happy and proud of himself. 第五节：短文改错 46 an , 47 9-year-old , 48 both , 49 started , 50 am , 51 to , 52 and , 53 usually , 54 playing , 55 play 第六节：短文填空。 56 American 57 was invited 58 but 59 to buy 60 is coming 61 hearing 62 themselves 63 sing 64 have heard 65 became 第七节：句子翻译 66 Beijing is one of the oldest cities in our country. 67 I don’t want to read the book because there is nothing interesting. 68 At the present our spaceships are too slow to carry people to Mars. 69 You won’t go to bed until you finish doing your homework. 70 I think it necessary to look up the new words in the dictionary. 第八节：书面写作。 One possible version: Dear Wang Wei, I came to tell you something important, but you were not in. I read a message on the Internet. There will be a singing composition at the Global Concert Hall on 16th, August, Everyone can take part in it. You can sing songs of all kinds. I’d like to take part in it. Can you come with me? Would you like to sing in it? I believe you’ll be great！ Please call me as soon as possible. Li Qun 评分细则： 句子翻译给分点：1 句子结构正确 1 分； 2 时态语态正确 0.5 分； 3 拼写错误酌情扣分； 书面写作给分点：1 看到的信息。
九年级英语试题 第 1 页 共 1页
2 你不在家。 3 在何时何地有歌咏比赛。 4 来参加。 5 唱歌。 评分要求：1 根据 5 个要点给分，每个要点 3 分。 2 句子结构正确 1 分； 3 时态语态正确 0.5 分； 4 拼写错误酌情扣分；
第 2 页 共 1页